From the previous post, I went over storing comments into db model and this post will cover how to rendered the store comments associated with questions that have those comments. It was actually simpler than I thought it would be. See the below code. What I did here is that I fetched the question entity… Continue reading How to create a blog comment system with webapp2 (on Google App Engine) – Part 2
I am developing a Q&A website. Therefore, people must be able to answer questions and this system would be the same as commenting on posts. This is going to be a little longer than other posts so I divided this post by 2 sections: 1. Creating database and storing comments. 2. Rendering comments using Jinja2… Continue reading How to create a blog comment system with webapp2 (on Google App Engine) – Part 1
My webapp allows users to submit questions and answer questions. I wanted to allow users to be able to submit hypelinks as well as format their contents to make it more visual and informative. I discovered that I needed to use what’s called the “rich-text editor” which allows users to edit their contents within web… Continue reading Google App Engine (with Jinja2 and webapp2) – allow hyperlinks in your textarea using CKEditor
As mentioned in my previous post, I am currently developing a simple Q&A website. I was able to display a list of questions submitted by users but I also wanted to display who wrote the post on my front page . I simply added another property “firstName” of the user to my db model in… Continue reading Google App Engine – Fix an error when adding another property to datastore (webapp2)
After taking an online course on Udacity, I started developing a simple Q&A website that allows users who are logged in to post questions from a simple html input form. Once a user submits a question, it then stores the question in the Google DB data store. Most of the below codes would be a review… Continue reading Create a link to a list of post titles with webapp2 and Jinja2 (Google App Engine)
I was stuck again when I actually tried printing out Korean using Python. I had to to use u’something in Korean’. See the below example. Here is another example with regex.
I was not able to get Python to print out Korean. I learned that Python uses ASCII encoding by default, and Korean cannot be read using ASCII. I just added the below code at the very beginning of the file and the problem was fixed. The code tells Python that the Python script is encoded… Continue reading Get Python to print out another language (Korean) – part 1